Report a Concern

Concerns related to the conduct of research at Appalachian can be reported anonymously by calling the Director of Research Protections at (828) 262-2692. All reports will be investigated. If you prefer, you may fill out the form below. The IP address of the computer used to submit this form is logged, therefore this form is not considered to be anonymous. Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.

Select the category or categories that best apply to your concern. If unsure of which category to use, select "Other" and explain your concern below.

Please explain your concern above.

If you would like a response, please include an email address or phone number. The state of North Carolina (as described in Article 14 Section 126-84 of the General Statutes) protects state employees who report matters of public concern to their supervisor, department head or other appropriate authority from intimidation or harassment. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 provides protections for certain individuals who report concerns relating to funds covered by the Act. For more information, consult


Director of Research Protections
Robin Tyndall

Assistant Director of Research Protections
Monica Molina

Assistant Director of IACUC and IBC Programs
Shante' Mathes

Compliance Coordinator
Dennis Gabriels

QEP Global Learning