About the IRB
The IRB is registered with the Office for Human Research Protection with the Federal-wide Assurance #FWA00001076 which provides assurance that the University will comply with applicable federal laws and regulations related to research with human participants. Before participants are recruited or data is collected about human participants, the IRB must review and approve all research, regardless of funding, conducted by Appalachian State University faculty, staff or students.
Appalachian FWA number: FWA00001076
Expires: November 8, 2022
Appalachian HHS IRB Registration number: IRB00001458
We are offering Cayuse training sessions every Thursday from 10am-11am. This training session will walk you through the creation of an IRB appli...
IRB blackout period from April 18th to May 2nd due to transfer from IRBIS to Cayuse for IRB submissions. Starting with April 18th users will not ...
Hello All,Nathanael has moved on to a new opportunity and is no longer employed at Appalachian State. Please send your questions and other communicati...
IRB Contact Information
- Institutional Official: Dr. Ece Karatan
- IRB Chairperson: Dr. Andrew Shanely, email@example.com
- IRB Coordinator: Morgan Coyle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Research Protections: Deb Paxton; (828)262-2692; email@example.com
- Address: IRB, Research Protections, ASU Box 32174, Boone, NC 28608