About the IRB
THE IRB REGULATIONS CHANGED ON JANUARY 19. Please scroll to What's New for updates and explanations.
The IRB is registered with the Office for Human Research Protection with the Federal-wide Assurance #FWA00001076 which provides assurance that the University will comply with applicable federal laws and regulations related to research with human participants. Before participants are recruited or data is collected about human participants, the IRB must review and approve all research, regardless of funding, conducted by Appalachian State University faculty, staff or students.
Appalachian FWA number: FWA00001076
Expires: November 8, 2022
Appalachian HHS IRB Registration number: IRB00001458
The Office of Research Protections has added, updated, or removed several documents on the IRB Forms and renamed Consent Guidance and T...
Due to UNC-system wide server outages, access to IRBIS is currently limited and the processing of IRB applications will be delayed until the situation...
We continue to monitor the changing impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on University operations, including continuity of research. In conjunction w...
IRB Contact Information
- Institutional Official: Dr. Ece Karatan
- IRB Chairperson: Dr. Andrew Shanely, email@example.com
- IRB Administrator: Mr. Nat Krancus, (828) 262-4060, firstname.lastname@example.org, 373 JET
- Director of Research Protections: Deb Paxton; (828)262-2692; email@example.com
- Address: IRB, Research Protections, ASU Box 32174, Boone, NC 28608