About the IRB
All research involving human participants that is conducted by Appalachian State University faculty, staff, or students must, regardless of funding, receive IRB approval or an official exemption determination prior to the start of recruitment and data collection. Applications for IRB review or exemption must be submitted using the Cayuse Human Ethics product.
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina
IRB Organization number: IORG0001064
FWA number: FWA00027456
Expires: October 31, 2023
IRB linked to this assurance: Appalachian State U IRB #1
IRB Registration number: IRB00001458
Office Closure Dates for Holiday Break-12/22/22-1/2/23
Our office will be closed starting 12/22/22. We will return on 1/2/23.E-mail inboxes will be monitored periodically during this time period to address...
IRB blackout period from April 18th to May 2nd due to transfer from IRBIS to Cayuse for IRB submissions. Starting with April 18th users will not ...
IRB Questions - Please send to IRB@appstate.edu
Hello All,Nathanael has moved on to a new opportunity and is no longer employed at Appalachian State. Please send your questions and other communicati...
IRB Contact Information
- Institutional Official: Dr. Ece Karatan
- IRB Chairperson: Dr. Andrew Shanely, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRB Coordinator: Morgan Coyle, email@example.com
- IRB Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Research Protections: Shante' Mathes, email@example.com
- Address: IRB, Research Protections, ASU Box 32174, Boone, NC 28608