About the IRB
THE IRB REGULATIONS CHANGED ON JANUARY 19. Please scroll to What's New for updates and explanations.
The IRB is registered with the Office for Human Research Protection with the Federal-wide Assurance #FWA00001076 which provides assurance that the University will comply with applicable federal laws and regulations related to research with human participants. Before participants are recruited or data is collected about human participants, the IRB must review and approve all research, regardless of funding, conducted by Appalachian State University faculty, staff or students.
Appalachian FWA number: FWA00001076
Expires: November 8, 2022
Appalachian HHS IRB Registration number: IRB00001458
Our office will be closed starting 12/23/19. We will return on 1/2/20. E-mail inboxes will be monitored periodically during this time period to a...
Nathanael Krancus has joined our office as Associate Director and IRB Administrator. Nat comes by way of the University of Washington where he h...
Robin Tyndall is hosting an IRB workshop in Leon Levine Hall, room 319 on Wednesday November 6 from 3pm-5pm. This workshop is tailored for graduate st...
IRB Contact Information
- Institutional Official: Dr. Ece Karatan
- IRB Chairperson: Dr. Andrew Shanely, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRB Administrator: Mr. Nat Krancus, (828) 262-4060, email@example.com, 373 JET
- IRB Administrator: Ms. Robin Tyndall, (828) 262-2692, firstname.lastname@example.org, 374 JET
- Address: IRB, Research Protections, ASU Box 32174, Boone, NC 28608