About the IRB
THE IRB REGULATIONS CHANGED ON JANUARY 19. Please scroll to What's New for updates and explanations.
The IRB is registered with the Office for Human Research Protection with the Federal-wide Assurance #FWA00001076 which provides assurance that the University will comply with applicable federal laws and regulations related to research with human participants. Before participants are recruited or data is collected about human participants, the IRB must review and approve all research, regardless of funding, conducted by Appalachian State University faculty, staff or students.
Appalachian FWA number: FWA00001076
Expires: November 8, 2022
Appalachian HHS IRB Registration number: IRB00001458
Thanks to the hard work of Morgan Coyle, we now have a page that can help answer student researcher's questions in regards to Human Subject Research. ...
If you conduct research with children (under 18), consider attending this webinar on September 18 at 1pm at the Leon Levine Health Sciences building r...
UNC experienced a network outage last night and they are working to get thing stable again. As a result, access to our ERA systems such as IRBIS, RAMS...
IRB Contact Information
- Institutional Official: Dr. Ece Karatan
- IRB Chairperson: Dr. Andrew Shanely
- IRB Administrator: Ms. Robin Tyndall, (828) 262-2692, firstname.lastname@example.org, 374 JET
- IRB Assistant: Ms Monica Molina, email@example.com
- IRB Compliance Coordinator: Dennis Gabriels, (828)-262-2721 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: IRB, Research Protections, ASU Box 32174, Boone, NC 28608