About the IRB
THE IRB REGULATIONS CHANGED ON JANUARY 19. Please scroll to What's New for updates and explanations.
The IRB is registered with the Office for Human Research Protection with the Federal-wide Assurance #FWA00001076 which provides assurance that the University will comply with applicable federal laws and regulations related to research with human participants. Before participants are recruited or data is collected about human participants, the IRB must review and approve all research, regardless of funding, conducted by Appalachian State University faculty, staff or students.
Appalachian FWA number: FWA00001076
Expires: November 8, 2022
Appalachian HHS IRB Registration number: IRB00001458
Our IRB will not convene in June. Any proposals that are submitted will be reviewed during the July meeting.Please plan accordingly....
CITI has storted offering some audio-visual modules as part of their online courses. Initially some of these modules will online be available in the&n...
The Office of Research Protections, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System, and Blue Cross NC Institute for Health and Human Services are teaming up t...
IRB Contact Information
- Institutional Official: Dr. Ece Karatan
- IRB Chairperson: Dr. Andrew Shanely
- IRB Administrator: Ms. Robin Tyndall, (828) 262-2692, firstname.lastname@example.org, 372C JET
- IRB Assistant: Ms Monica Molina, email@example.com
- IRB Compliance Coordinator: Dennis Gabriels, (828)-262-2721 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: IRB, Office of Research Protections, ASU Box 32174, Boone, NC 28608