About the IRB
THE IRB REGULATIONS ARE CHANGING. Please scroll to bottom of this page for a timeline.
The IRB is registered with the Office for Human Research Protection with the Federal-wide Assurance #FWA00001076 which provides assurance that the University will comply with applicable federal laws and regulations related to research with human participants. Before participants are recruited or data is collected about human participants, the IRB must review and approve all research, regardless of funding, conducted by Appalachian State University faculty, staff or students.
Appalachian FWA number: FWA00001076
Expires: November 8, 2022
Appalachian HHS IRB Registration number: IRB00001458
Happy Friday!The IRB submission system (IRBIS) will be updated on Monday January 21 to reflect changes to the application imposed by the new regulatio...
It's really official--the IRB regulations, which were significantly revised, will be in effect starting January 19, 2019. Most of the changes wi...
The three burden-reducing provisions from the new Common Rule (45 CFR 46) have been officially approved to be implemented on or after July 19th, 2018....
IRB Contact Information
- Institutional Official: Dr. Ece Karatan
- IRB Chairperson: Dr. Andrew Shanely
- IRB Administrator: Ms. Robin Tyndall, (828) 262-2692, email@example.com, 372C JET
- IRB Assistant: Ms Monica Molina, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRB Compliance Coordinator: Dennis Gabriels, (828)-262-2721 email@example.com
- Address: IRB, Office of Research Protections, ASU Box 32174, Boone, NC 28608