Please follow the guidelines below when you are travelling to "Low Risk" countries (any country not listed here)
If you are taking your laptop computer, before you go you should:
- Verify that your computer software is current through IT support services.
- Make sure your computer is fully backed up and encrypted (via IT support services).
- Remove any other documents containing Moderate or High Risk data.
Consider using a loaner phone borrowed in the country, an unlocked phone with a local SIM card, or a phone you buy or rent at the airport or hotel when you arrive. However, if you do take your own phone, follow the following guidelines:
- Back it up before you leave
- Secure it (Check with IT)
- Enroll it in an international rate plan to avoid incurring exorbitant roaming charges
- Save your data, reset to factory defaults, and restore your backup when you return.